[Gocamino] [Santiagobis] The Camino and Spain's Economic Situation

Tim tim at errecaldia.com
Sun Jan 30 04:35:55 PST 2011

Hi Glenn and all,
    I don't think it will have a great impact. The fact is that it is
very much a central and southern tragedy.  The Basque country,
Pamplona, Vitoria, San Sebastian, Bilbao have hardly felt a thing In
fact they are still enjoying growth, Asturias and Galicia have seen a
downturn but nothing like the massive damage seen in Andalucia.  The
whole thing was a speculative property boom which was, as I said, in the
south.  The Catalans have also seen far less problems and so I feel that
the Camino will be relatively untouched by it all.
Tim