[Gocamino] Pilgrim minstrels

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 17:23:00 PST 2011

Hello you all,
A NY pilgrim sent me the message below with a link to a Youtube illustrating the pilgrims' events to which the message relates. (Why pilgrims send things to me instead of posting them directly to the ListServs puzzles me.  May be they are not subscribers. Anyway, I am delighted that they do.... really).
For sure you all will appreciate the message and the short-film which reiterates the irreversible truth that the pilgrimage to Santiago walks on and on within the heart of a pilgrim, for life, it seems.

At the Confraternity Service held at the end of last year a young man came up to me and enquired if I had worked in the Pilgrims’ Office in Santiago. I said that I had. “I think you wrote my Compostela at the end of my Camino”,  he said. He could see I couldn’t remember him but he related some of the conversation we had. His name is Piotr from Poland who had been living in Santiago for 7 years. On a trip back home he met and fell in love with a Polish girl who was living in London. He decided to move to London but before leaving Spain made a pilgrimage to Santiago from Leon. On receiving his Compostela he also got my best wishes for his new life in London. Here he was in front of me. To prove the point he then sent me a photograph of his Compostela. “Is this your writing?” he asked in the e mail. Yes it was. Our previous meeting was confirmed.
But more than that. Piotr explained that he was a musician and that he would love it if we could get together, him with his violin and me on the organ. He managed to get over to Clapham last Sunday. Our rehearsal time was minimal but we decided to make some music flying by the seat of our pants and the score in front of us. Here is the result.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gyojiOQ50Rs
The 500 people who were there appreciated it, fluffs (minor errors) and all. A Camino coincidence or not the fiddler and his Compostela has blown away my gloom:

Hugs!
Rosina
ps. The music, is, of course, the Mediation interlude from Massenet's opera Thais.