[Gocamino] [saintjames] RE: Temporary Albergues et al

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 05:26:52 PST 2011

The reports were issued by the S.A of the Gestion del Plan Xacobeo. I expect that "A Corunha" refers to the province (of which Santiago is part) and not necessarily to the homonimous sea port.  The Pulgrims' office workers did not always work in the office itself, but were engaged in related activitiees outside of it. Two of them told me that they hadn't had a "free" day in months.
True, the office closes at 9:00 p.m., but I myself stayed therein with Mari, after the doors were closed, for an hour or so a few times while she was taking care of office things, and this was in 2009.
Sometimes "constructing" an albergue may be refitting an existing building for the purpose.But Betanzos is most certainly on the list.
I am told that the S.A. de Gestion de Plan Xacobeo announcements were reported in the Santiago newspapers about a week ago.  Perhaps more information can be found therein.