[Gocamino] Doing it right. How nice!

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 08:34:49 PST 2011

Well, the dubbing of movies into the local language is par for the course everywhere, and the practice is spreading and spreading. Right here in New York City we now have the option of having many movies shown in cable dubbed into (pretty awful) Spanish. HBO has added a whole channel exclusively to show its movies dubbed into Spanish!
 In Italy, France and Germany there used to be quite a few OV (Original Version) movie houses where the movies were shown in their original language subtitled into the local language.  Well, in all of Vienna there is only one, very small, such movie house left;  and in Rome Milan and Vienna most have disappeared. Needless to say, in Spain they are virtually non-existent. And while the German language sort of fits into the dubbing of movies spoken in English, the Romance languages most definitely do not.
As far as "The Way" is concerned, just think, since Spanish is the home language of Martin Sheen and his family the whole movie could have been filmed in it.
Anyway, reportedly the DVD will be in the original language with several other-languages subtitles option.
Hugs!
Rosina