[Gocamino] Spanish Bank Crisis???

Howard Mendes hme347 at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 05:47:17 PST 2011

Thank you Johnnie and Tim for your sleuthing and brilliant analysis of the financial situation in Spain.  I have visited Spain twice earlier this past year and I concur with your findings.  Despite the high unemployment and salary deductions imposed on Government workers, most of the population and businesses are doing remarkably well.  Economic conditions seem to be no worse than here in the U.S.

Leave it to the Murdoch interests to distort the facts and to conjure a panic scenario. The conservatives in the U.S. play the same game with phony "death panels" to attempt to defeat Health Care Reform.  The latest of the Republican Dirty Tricks is to assert charges of "Voter Fraud" to create hurdles to get to the ballot box for minority and other voters that they do not want to go to the polls.

Sorry if this is off topic. However, the situations are somewhat analogous.

Howard Mendes, NYC