[Gocamino] San Juan de la Pena

Joanie Hess jethess777 at aol.com
Thu Apr 7 22:58:44 PDT 2011

 Randi,
There are plenty of inexpensive hotels, €30 to €50, sometimes less, in Galica.
Go to www.turgalicia.com
Across the top, you will see various languages listed.  Click on English, then look on the left side and click on "Where to stay,"  then whatever kind of accommodations you want (I usually click on "all accommodations"), then plug in Sarria, Portomarin, etc. and click through the results.  This requires that you know where they are in relation to the trail.  I used google map and scoped out the locations of the various places I used when booking ahead.  Quite a few listings will give an updated pricing list if you must know the exact price.  The first time, I used facilities that included a website.  With experience out on the trail, I just have the list with me and knocked on the doors-- never missed in Galicia, even this past year, except in one instance where the B&B was closed but the place about a kilometer or two from it was open and no problem.

-Joanie