[Gocamino] [saintjames] The movie The Way"

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 12:59:52 PDT 2010

Hi,
As far as I know the movie has been shown is some church organizations, but I don't know where it presently may be seen in the US.
About six years, or so, ago, walking around the Cathedral in Santiago I saw Martin Sheen, alone, walking behind the altar and looking at the images in some of the chapels there. Then I heard him ask, in perfect unaccented Spanish, a few questions about the chapels from a priest that was going by.  A few minutes later some women approached him and asked him: "Aren't you a famous movie star?" and he replied "just a pilgrim".
He had walked the Camino at that time with a grandson (who met a young Spanish woman during the pilgrimage and later became engaged to her) and, presumably, the seeds for the movie were plated there.
I, too, would love to see the movie.  If I find out where and how it may be seen I'll post the information.
Hugs!
Rosina