[Gocamino] Bedbugs

Joanie Hess jethess777 at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 01:41:22 PDT 2010

 The albergue in Granon, 6 km from Santao Domingo, was fumigated also (early part of September just before I got there).  Many pilgrims had been bitten and the feeling was that it was Navarra albergues.  I saw live bedbugs and smashed one (filled with blood).  I used concentrated lavender oil -- brought a vial from home.  And I wasn´t bitten.  Did a short hike in from Sarria afterwards, and stayed in private lodgings along that stretch.  Used the lavender oil and silk sleeping bag liner (not impregnated with anything) and did fine!