[Gocamino] Camino Changes

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 08:58:18 PST 2010

I walked originally in the Holy Year of 1999, and most recently last month....there's more bicyclists and fast walkers....and in Santiago you can only go set ways through the cathedral...and no touching the handprint or knocking your head.  Any attempt to go around or back through without going outside is met with the Guardia Civil security...you can enter another way after showing your credential to the people at the door, but forget the backpacks...much different from before.
...and there are many, many more bus pilgrims and long waits at the pilgrim office.  It's all as wonderful, though, as it ever was...