[Gocamino] [saintjames] unsubscribe

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 08:29:16 PDT 2010

Hi Bob, and all,
To echo the sentiments of so many subscribers to these lists, I am more than delighted that the misposted message purporting to request your insubordination from the lists  was a techno-snafu.
For one, I have thoughroughly  enjoyed every step of your pilgrimage and have suffered its difficulties with you. In fact, I've printed and kept your messages which I very rarely. if ever, do.
In my recent visit to Santiago, the Apostle had been displaced, albeit temporarily, by SanXavi, or San-anyone of the 23 players in the Spain World Cup team.  While emotion is as much a part of Spain as bread and wine, I have never seen such national euphoria, tension, preoccupation and total involvement.
While Spain has participated in  many World Cup tournaments, it has never distinguished itself in a noteworthy manner. This year, however, the team came to the "Mundial" after winning the European Cup and winning 38 of the 39  pre-Cup international games played by the national team. Alas! they lost the first World Cup game to unheralded Switzerland 3-0.  They will play again this afternoon (in two hours) against Honduras and, hopefully, the first-game jitters will have been overcome by them. Nothing else,  absolutely nothing   is the subject of conversation among my Spanish friends relatives and acquiantances at this time, nor has it been since June 11.

So that this message will not seem  completely off-topic, I'd like to add that upward of one million Spaniards have solemnly vowed to walk the Camino if Spain wins the Cup.  (You might remember that a few years ago Queen Sofia herself, accompanied by 300 government and civil guard people, walked part of the Camino after her native country, Greece, won the European cup.)

Well, let's wish our beloved Spain some luck this afternoon, heaven knows that the Spanish national team has the talent to do so, and then some.

Hugs!

Rosina