[Gocamino] Zubiri

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:27:10 PST 2010

Domingo, 31 de enero 2010

FINALLY made it to Spain and the Camino Frances. Started from Roncesvalles today, 27 KM on the careterra N-135 since the snow made the traditional Camino trail completely unpassable. Yes, I got pictures. More snow than they have seen up there in quite some time, Id say. About a dozen of us made the start, four of us are currently in the Albergue Zaldico in Zubiri (which is a day away from Pamplona). Met my virtual friend Javier Martinez of Pamplona for the first time yesterday. He came to see us off at the bus station on Saturday. 50 percent chance of snow all the way past Pamplona tomorrow, but Ill take that over rain any day. Feet and legs took a real beating on the pavement, but we are still functional. To make things interesting, the two Albergues are closed in Pamplona proper, but Trinidad de Arre (before Pamplona) and Cizur Menor (after Pamplona) are still open. Will see how ar we get, probably to Trinidad de Arre. I have secured a Movistar SIM card and my phone sort of works, but the touch screen is still broken and its next to impossible to use. Anyone needing my number .. Ill be happy to provide it.

Thats the news for now, will write again when a working PC presents itself.

Buen Camino,

Grant

http://www.ElCaminoSantiago.com
Resources for the Pilgrimage Road to Santiago