[Gocamino] Holy Year posters

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 07:24:48 PST 2010

Hello you all,
Not anticipating the intense interest in the posters I only brought 12 with me. One each were mailed to Kat, Dave and Grant, I gave two to the Galicians across the street and the remainder went to those of you who asked for them, taking into consideration the destination and the order of requests, : to Ana in Japan, to Peter in Australia, to Carli in the Netherlands, to Pamela in Canada, to Louise and Fr. Markey in Connecticut and to Paul in Louisiana.
As for the dozens and dozens of additional requests, I have been told that 60 posters will be sent to me from Santiago today. As soon as they arrive I'll send them on.  In fact, the mailing labels for most are already prepared.
If the 60 posters do not prove enough I'm sure that we can get some more.
The posters come in various sizes, but I got, and requested, the smaller ones: about 32 by 45 cms. They show an artistic rendition, charming in its simnplicity, of the Cathedral's main tower, silhouetted by the other four, with the caption "2010.  MMX peregrinando hacia la luz" (on a pilgrimage towards the light).  The main part of the poster shows Santiago's 27 (the 24 figures around the outside of the door and, above it, Santiago and his two disciples).  Moving towards the door there is a clustered line of pilgrims walking spiritedly with their walking sticks on hand and wearing kerchiefs adorned with the Santiago shell. The colors depicting the pilgrims represent pretty well the rich variety among us and the propelling spiritual urge forward.
I think that the poster is artistically solemn while, at the same time, full of inner contentment and energy.
Those of you in Santiago can just walk into the Pilgrims' office and ask for one; but, no, I do not think that they will, or can, entertain individual requests that one be sent somewhere.  The office, functioning on a shoe-string, simply does not have the manpower, or other resources,  to do so.
Because I have dealt with the people at the office for some time now, (in fact, they mean a very, very great deal to me) they attend to my requests when possible. I am also willing and able to undertake whatever  related expenses and costs may arise..

And were I to do one thousand times what I do on behalf of the Camino  I still wouldn't begin to repay it,  and those who keep it vibrant, for the incalculable spiritual and emotional richness that the Camino has added to my life.
And that's pretty much it.

Yes John, I did get pretty sick (darn it!) and was confined to bed for a couple of days:  on a moment of temporary insanity I decided to consume 12 oysters, at the stroke of New Year's eve midnight, instead of the customary 12 grapes; such dozen followed by generous portions of Pimentos de Padron and a bottle or two of Cava, under the pouring and pouring rain, did the damage. Not only did I have to be confined, but was pretty much forced to come back to New York, shortening my stay by a week or two.
Oh well! I'm perfectly OK now and I'll soon go back.

You know, y'all: somehow I have this subconscious premonition and recognition that this year, 2010, is going to be wonderful for most of us.  Not only is it a Xacobean Holy Year full of wonders in its commemoration, but it is also a year when the World Cup will be played for. My heart is bursting with desire that Brasil  win its sixth Cup.

Hugs!

Rosina