[Gocamino] Moratinos

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 20 01:49:22 PST 2010

Greetings from greater Moratinos, gateway to western Palencia. Think ¨Lake Wobegone¨ on the Meseta.

It snowed ever so briefly yesterday, and the weatherman here promises snow today, but Ive seen none. Slowed
down a bit, but the weather was perfect for walking yesterday. The
Westerlies have returned, as opposed to the eastern tailwinds we have
enjoyed for a while. Sun is welcome .. blue skies a blessing. Stayed
last night with Rebekah and Paddy in their lovely home on the Meseta,
along with two Italianos and an expat Americana from the Florida Keys.
Our Camino compañero Antonio the copter pilot from Aranjuez
stayed here with us as well. A neighbor has a Visigothic sarcophagus
previously used as a horse trough, now used for a trash receptacle.
Antiquities are not given as much attention as one might think. The
town population here has peaked at 18, and our Italian roomies are
helping to construct an Albergue de Peregrinos, bringing the seasonal
population a bit higher. Will be in Sahagun this PM, the first town in Leon province. Shower, clean clothes and blister free feetsies. What more is there in life?

Buen Camino,

Grant

http://www.ElCaminoSantiago.com
Resources for the Pilgrimage Road to Santiago