[Gocamino] Camino Travel Centre to Close but luggage storage will continue

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 07:13:44 PST 2010

*Please pass this message from Ivar Revke on to other lists and Forums*

After almost two years open, I have decided to close the Camino Travel
center in Santiago de Compostela.

When I started, my idea was that this would be a one-man-show. Then I got
the chance to work for Xacobeo, an opportunity that I was too good to turn
down, I had to hire help (first Frank, then later Wiktoria). They have done
a great job, but the bruden to have salary expenses as well as rent and
other expenses has been tough.

I gave myself until the end of 2010 to make a decision on what to do. The
decision has not been an easy one, but last week I finally decided that it
was the best to close down. I am totally fine with it, but in the end I
realized that I can not do “everything”. I have been working crazy hours
this past year, and it is time to slow down a bit.

I would like to thank everyone that has stopped by the Travel Center over
the last two years! It has been wonderful to meet you all, I “met” many of
you online first and it has been great too meet you in person!

This last week I have been working on a way for some of my services to
continue.

*But even if I close the Travel Center. One of our most popular services are
continuing. The Luggage Storage.*

Luggage Storage
I have talked to a friend of mine, Manuel, and he will continue with the
luggage storage service that has been a success among pilgrims. It is really
something that (I think) is very useful.

This luggage storage service will be continued by Manuel. Luggage/parcels
should from now on be mailed to the pension that Manuel runs in old town
Santiago. It is located 100 meters from the pilgrims office (same street as
pilgrims office, upp the hill, almost at the top).

Parcels should now be sent to:

Pension Badalada
ATT: [Your name goes here]
Rua Xelmírez, 30
15704 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Tlf: (+34) 981 572 618
http://www.badalada.es/
You can see the exact location of Badalada
here<http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid=4971470080469936947&q=pension+badalada&fb=1&hq=pension+badalada>

Luggage sent to the Camino Travel Center will be automatically forwarded to
Pension Badalada.

Prices: Manuel will have the same prices as I have charged this year.

Small box (317x215x125mm): €15,- for 60 days of storage
Medium box (390x290x190mm): €20,- for 60 days of storage
Large box (590x390x390mm): €25,- for 60 days of storage

I will try to make this transition as smooth as possible. Please e-mail me
with any questions you might have: ivar.rekve[at] gmail.com.

--
Sil
www.amawalkerscamino.weebly.com