[Gocamino] camino

Jim Allen jallen08 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 6 17:50:00 PDT 2010

Hello All;

We took into our home a student from San Sebastian, Spain for his senior year in high school in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, 1991.  From there we saw the family's inland "village" home in Los Arcos.  Who are those people in hiking gear, we asked.  "They are Pilgrims," they replied.  Huh?  Our lives were forever changed.  In 1992 we saw the beginning of the 1992 Tour de France, the Running of the Bulls, etc.

In 2000 my son and I biked from Pamplona to Santiago.

In 2001 my wife and I attended our student's marriage in Los Arcos.

In 2003 my daugher and I walked 300 miles of the Camino.

In 2008 my daugher and I and our parish priest walked the first hundred miles from St. John Pied de port.

In 2009 my wife and I motored 2000 miles in 22 days covering  Spain from Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Girona, Roses, Cadeques, Zizur Major, Getaria, Santander, Gijon, Oviedo, Covadonga, Leon, Camino to Villafranca del Bierzo to  Santiago, Zamora, Salamanca, and Torrelodones(near Madrid) before returning to U.S.

Our student is now a Plastic Surgeon and has three children.

I am not writing a book but the Camino remains in my blood, forever.

Jim Allen, Seminole, Florida