[Gocamino] winter albergues?

Steve Cooper s33cooper at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 4 14:37:51 PDT 2009

Thinking about a two-week winter walk on the camino...December/January.  Does anyone have a list or a link to albergues that are open in the winter?  I'd like to have some idea before I get there if I'm going to have to stay in private hostals all along the way.

Two years ago I did a six-month walk on the camino from Finibus Terre in the south of Italy (at Santa Maria di Leuca) to Finisterra in Spain.  The route took me up through Rome, around the coast at Genova, down to St. Tropez, across the south of France through Arles, and then on to Finisterra.  It was a magical six months for me, as I'm sure all you camino veterans can imagine.  My journal is linked below.

Cooper

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Six-Months-Walking-The-Wilds/Steve-Cooper/e/9781605632377

Six Months Walking The Wilds by Steve Cooper