[Gocamino] [saintjames] Google and the Camino

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:50:50 PST 2009

Using Google Maps Street View, I took a few shots of street scenes in Santiago. Note that peoples' faces and vehicle license plates are blurred in Street View.

Praza do Obradoiro, facing the Catedral de Santiago.
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/Images/Google-Street-View_Santiago-de-Compostela_Praza-do-Obradoiro.jpg

Costa do Cristo, note the three Peregrinos hanging out at the parking garage entrance. They are waiting for their "Free Lunch". There are three more Pilrims waiting by the side as two pedestrians walk by. The first ten Pilgrims with a photocopy of their just-acheived Compostela are able to get a complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Reyes Catolicos. You gotta be one of the first ten as there are exactly ten seats at the table in the small, small room. I've had dinner there twice. Not the swank front-room fare, but not bad.
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/Images/Google-Street-View_Santiago-de-Compostela_Costa-do-Cristo.jpg

Rua do Vilar, the Pilgrim's Office. For the few who have never been there, here's what to look for.
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/Images/Google-Street-View_Santiago-de-Compostela_Rua-do-Vilar.jpg

Dinner at the Pilgrims' dining room. Four per side and one at each end of the table. Cozy.
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/Spain_0800_2004/Spain_2004_3_0040.jpg

Oh what fun.

Buen Camino,

Grant

http://www.ElCaminoSantiago.com
Resources for the Pilgrimage Road to Santiago