[Gocamino] A post-Camino poem

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 10:13:55 PST 2009

Hello you all,
The poem below was posted by 52 years old "Maudy" under the rubric "Finding Myself".
I'm sure that most of us will feel that the poem is a mirror image of  our own, and ever-lasting, post-Camino emotions.

Hugs!

Rosina

"We started to walk the Camino the 31st of September and arrived at Santiago de 2nd of October, our wedding anneversary, full of contriversal emotions. Happy to have arrived. Happy that we could make it. Grateful for doing it together. Grateful for the weather which was on our side all the way. Grateful for all the incredible people we've met, all the incredible moments we lived through out the way. But putting it to words is difficult. There don't seem to be any words to do it justice.
After a week at home I wrote this:

El Camino de Santiago.
The Way of St. James.

The “Camino” through woods,
Over mountains, crossing fields,
Has come to its end.
How do I miss it!
How I would like to keep on walking!
Keep living the pilgrim’s routine,
Which makes life simple!
With a clear set goal,
The yellow arrows indicating the way.

I’ve returned to the “Camino” of every day.
Where are the yellow arrows?
Where is the daily simplicity?
I miss hearing “Buen Camino” walking through the streets.
I almost say it to a passing cyclist.
I miss the positive, motivated and laughing people.
I feel how I slowly fleet back
>From a parallel universe.
This one seems less vibrating.
Do the trees have the same colour?

They ask me how we did.
I tell them, but I can tell by their faces
That little do they understand
Of what I’m trying to say,
What I’m trying to transmit.

The Camino comes true by walking,
But it is up to us to do it.

They ask me if I will do it again.
Would I recommend it?
¡¡¡Yes, yes, yes!!!

It is not the Camino to Santiago which is difficult.
It is difficult to apply the Camino to our lives,
Where there are no arrows, no established daily routes.
Where you really learn what means:
The Camino becomes a reality by walking step by step!

By walking from the heart.
We all find our Camino.
We choose directions,
Set our goals.
Now, with some new tools,
Knowing we aren’t alone.
Knowing there are many like you and me,
Walking with doubts, questions,
Dreams, promises and
Longing to find some signals
Longing to find some answers.

On the Camino we looked, we marvelled,
Smelled, heard, enjoyed and helped.
I give thanks and try to continue to walk just like that,
In the present moment,
Without looking too much to the past,
Nor too much to the future.
Encouraging, sharing, learning.
I give thanks for everything and to all.
Thank YOU!
Thanks to which and whom
I am who I am,
Today.