[Gocamino] Women travelers at a disadvantage

Beth Williamson betwil62 at live.com
Tue May 26 22:57:23 PDT 2009

It seems to me from all the books I have read by pilgrims that the common showers and toilets and sleeping arrangements at so many of the albergues are a violation of Spanish mores and customs.  Books by nuns and priests particularly comment on this. I am not particularly modest and could get by in the current arrangements, but younger women could well have problems with males taking advantage of them or making them feel uncomfortable with such bathing and sleeping arrangements. People traveling with companions can probably manage but solo travelers could be most uneasy.