[Gocamino] A Camino Completed!

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 13 17:45:12 PDT 2009

Wes & Rita,

Perseverance has it's rewards. You did it. Congratulations.

That 'Hospitalera' in Rabe de las Calzadas is absolutely infamous.

http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Hospitalera_Behavior_In_Rabe_De_Las_Calzadas.pdf

She seems to be in keeping with previous reports, thankfully you escaped that lair of predation.

I have never heard a returning pilgrim lament that next time ... I'll take more. Glad the silk sleep sacks worked out well. Three things I champion in Camino trekking, Emergen-C, silk sleep sacks and a good pair of sandals. A friend (Anita) is currently blister-free in Leon, walking in sandals every day it doesn't rain (also carying a silk sleep sack for bedding) . Those dreaded joint problems and tendinitis can oft be ameliorated with a daily regimen of Emergen-C. It's a broad-spectrum preventative for many common Pilgrim maladies.

I've seen photos of the new Albergue in Burgos, and it looks fabulous. Glad to hear it's a inviting as it looks. Welcome back.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com