[Gocamino] German pilgrim book

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Thu Jun 11 01:36:21 PDT 2009

Hello you all,
I have looked all over Vienna for the German pilgrim book in English and have been told that while the English version is available it is entirely sold out.? The good news is that it will be released in the USA next month at the very latest. Presumably it can already be ordered through Amazon.
(According to book sellers in this Golden Vienna, the book has already sold four million copies in German alone!).
What is available here, and, indeed, very popular, is the French pilgrims movie that came out a couple of years ago. There is a version German-dubbed, and the original version which is in French with subtitles in Spanish. (one hears all the time that English is the most popular language anywhere, yet there are so very many thing unavailable in it).? At any rate, it is a nice movie.? It is Called Santiago and Mecca, or something like that. I'll not give anything away too much by outlining the story.? It is about the death of a mother whose children are highly dysfunctional and heartily dislike each other. Their mother leaves her million Euros estate to them on condition that they walk together from LePuy to Santiago.... and the fun begins. They joi n a small group that includes a young Arab who convinces his young cousin to come along by telling him that they are going to Mecca. The young Arab wants to go because he is smitten by a young French woman who is making the pilgrimage.
Along the way there are all sorts of self-discoveries, and even epiphanies, and some of the best filmed Camino landscapes that I've ever seen on film..... all the way to Fisterre.
It seems that the upsurge of Camino popularity in Germany has extended to Austria, there is a plethora of new books, in all forms and types, about the Camino, and some of them come accompanied with CDs of Camino music.
The weather is lovely here, although I much prefer Vienna, and Europe in general, in the winter. The bad news is that the Ero has gone up to $1.47, despite what the "official" published rate may be.
I guess one can't have everything.
Hugs!
Rosina