[Gocamino] Credential requirements

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 07:00:42 PST 2009

In translating, and posting, Don Genaro's statement,?I offered an anticipatory apology for any translation errors.?The translation was literal and was?not, in any way,?interpretative.
Rereading the various postings I?do not see?any substantial?contradiction between the letter sent? by Don Genaro to some confraternities, and posted here,?and what I?translated.
The two points highlighted in Don Genaro's published?statement say, in part, that:
"1. .............from January 1, 2009,?we will only accept in the office the credential from the Cathedral, that contains appropriate information for the pilgrim............
2. ...... that associations not federated, or authorized,?who wish to issue the Cathedral's credential?must contact their local parish....................
It would appear, then, that any group recognized as a Confraternity (not a simple task, in the least, as those who have attempted without success to form a Confraternity in the U.S. well know)) is "federated" in the Spanish context of the word. Other non-confraternity groups who have been recognized by the Archdiocese may be deemed "authorized". Consequently the requirements?would not apply to them.
In another paragraph the statement says that as a Delegate of Santiago Archdiocese pilgrimages and Director in charge of?the office that receives pilgrims on behalf of the Cathedral he, Don Genaro, adverts?all non-federated? Associations of the above resolutions.
So..... again..... I do not see any conflict between the letter sent to?a Confederation and the statement published.
True, because of my profession, I tend to read?words in statements with particular detailed precision, and, also, my knowledge of esoteric terms in Spanish is very limited; therefore?
I'll get someone in my office to scan?the original and will post it.?
Next Tuesday I'll be flying to Vienna for?a few weeks, (hurrah!), ?while there I will meet a couple of people from the Pilgrim's office who are going over for a function, and? will try to elicit more details.? I will also try to get the?pilgrims' stats for 2008.??

Meanwhile, have a great New Year.

Hugs!

Rosina?