[Gocamino] inactive forum

Leslie Gilmour lesliegilmour at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:08:13 PST 2009

There is another camino forum here  http://www.caminodesantiago.me.uk/forum/
it is fairly quiet but very friendly.

Leslie

-----Original Message-----
From: gocamino-bounces at oakapple.net [mailto:gocamino-bounces at oakapple.net]
On Behalf Of Robert Spenger
Sent: 18 February 2009 15:52
To: Sil
Cc: gocamino at oakapple.net
Subject: Re: [Gocamino] inactive forum

Sil,

You didn't provide a link for Ivar's website. I am familiar with it and I
am sure that I could find it again easily, but it  would be handy to provide
it for the Gocamino forum members.

Bob S.

On Feb 18, 2009, at 5:14 AM, Sil wrote:

You need to click on 'Reply to All' is you want the post to go to GoCamino.
The problem, as I see it, is that GoCamino is based on the American
Pilgrim's website and does not allow you to search old questions - like
Santiagobis or Pilgrimage-to-Santiago.  This is the most acive camino forum
with multiple posts every day right across all the specific topics from an
Introduction slot, 13 routes in Spain, 5 in France and 11 topics related to
all routes.  They have over 3000 members (obviously not all active all of
the time!) who started with the forum about 5 years ago, were dormant for a
while and then return as active members when they start planning their next
camino.
The forum has a cloth badge that will identify members when walking a
camino.  Very sociable, chatty, has a number of moderators but very rarely
needs any intervention and the founder, Ivar Revke, is presently setting up
a Pilgrim Centre in Santiago that will offer many services to the pilgrims,
inlcuding storage facilities for parcels posted ahead.  Very useful since
the Correos started keeping goods for only 2 weeks in Santiago.
Sil