[Gocamino] need info

eileen.hmr at gmail.com eileen.hmr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 06:20:55 PST 2009

I'm writing a novel that begins with the death of Liberty's parents in a
sudden spring snowstorm on the Camino just above Roncesvalles . Does anyone
know what the procedures are for this? Who makes up the search and rescue
team? How do they bring the bodies down--I assume into Roncesvalles, since
the couple died about 1/2 a kilometer from the trail there? Then what? Do
they need an autopsy, and if so, who does it? Who does Liberty talk to? How
long before the bodies are released to the family? Liberty decides she
wants the bodies cremated so she can sprinkle their ashes along the
Camino--any suggestions on the procedure? I'm thinking a representative
fromt he US consulate in (where) might arrange this for her?

It's a mystery novel and fiction, so I could just make it all up, but I'd
like things to be as factual as possible. Thanks!