[Gocamino] 3 ladies walking suggestions

Judy Nollar jnollar at caltech.edu
Sun Aug 2 15:35:59 PDT 2009

--
-- Six of us post-sixties in age walked the C. Frances in Sept. We support
Rosina in recommending  the small inns  for older walkers­ you can easily
plan ahead moderate days of walking to arrive at a village with an
inn/hotel, and it does make for a much more relaxed and enjoyable day to
know that bed is secure and waiting, along with a clean shower. We met many
other peregrinos along the way and in the inns, so we were certainly not
socially isolated. We also had that extra energy to go out and see the
sights because of a good night¹s sleep in a quiet space.
We also support Robert in his advice about keeping your necessaries close to
hand; we needed about 12-15 pounds in our day packs, not carrying as much
food as he did. We mailed extra books and ³after camino² shoes & clothes
ahead to Santiago ­ easy to do.
There are so many ³Camino styles² - find the one that feels best for you;
there¹s room for all. God bless the journey!
Judy Nollar