[Gocamino] Pilgrim Places & a Poem

Virginia vjpulver at pulverpages.com
Thu Apr 16 07:31:57 PDT 2009

I leave for Spain at o'dark-thirty on Monday!  I am so eager to put my
feet on the Camino!

I am spending part of today tweaking up my notes on my tentative
itinerary (Roncelvalles-Santiago de Compostela).  I am open to any last
minute recommendations on villages to stop in, bars to dine in,
alburques to sleep in...you know you have a special place you want to
share!

I received the following poem this morning - I love her use of the word
"trudging"...I also like the message and though other pilgrims may like
to read it.  Enjoy:

*/Halleluiah/*
/ /
/Everyone should be born into this world happy
and loving everything.
But in truth it rarely works that way.
For myself, I have spent my life clamoring toward it.
Halleluiah, anyway I'm not where I started!/
/ /
/And have you too been trudging like that, sometimes
almost forgetting how wondrous the world is
and how miraculously kind some people can be?
And have you too decided that probably nothing important
is ever easy?
Not, say, for the first sixty years./
/ /
/Halleluiah, I'm sixty now, and even a little more,
and some days I feel I have wings./
/ /
*/~ Mary Oliver ~/*

Life is good...