[Gocamino] Introduction - Virginia Walking in the Merry Month of May 09!

Virginia vjpulver at pulverpages.com
Sat Sep 20 09:27:54 PDT 2008

Greetings!

I want to introduce myself.  I am Virginia ("Ginn") and I plan to walk
the Camino in the merry month of May 2009.   Like each of you that has
lived out their dream of walking the Camino will understand, I am eager
(maybe even a bit impatient) to begin.  The waiting is like
pregnancy...sigh.

So, I while away my time with reading blogs and journals and thinking
about what to pack (or add to my wishlist). I am grateful for sites like
this where I can learn and grow as I read about the experiences of others.

For perspective I will tell you a little of my history: I retired US Air
Force in 1999 (including an assignment in Spain!), spent 27 months in
Ukraine with Peace Corps and am currently in an AmeriCorps*VISTA
position in sunny Santa Fe, NM.  I intend to go to the Pilgrim gathering
in Albuquerque in March 2009 and then in late April, catch a military
HOP to Europe as the first leg of my pilgrimage to Santiago.

I would loooooove to hear from individuals who have walked the Camino in
April/May - the weather can be erratic then so I am interested in
packing advise.  I plan to purchase a 30l pack, waterproof boots, a
sleeping bag and probably a walking staff...so any recommendations on
these items would be wonderful too!

Well, I am going back to reading the archives!  It is a pleasure to be
part of this group!

Life is good...

"Ginn"
In Sunny Santa Fe, Sipping Coffee and Daydreaming of Spain