[Gocamino] another way to see the Camino

robert ward robtward99 at yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 19 15:33:01 PDT 2008

Here's something worth checking out. Canadian visual artist Michelle
Mollineaux shot the Camino using "pinhole" cameras. Some of the results
are really striking, especially the black and whites, which have a sort
of ghostly quality to them (because of the extended exposure time, the
photos record movement as a blur). At the end of the Camino, in the
Plaza del Obradoiro in front of the Cathedral, she photographed
pilgrims' feet. In her own words,

“These photos were very special to take; they were like prayers as I knelt in
front of each person, with a kind of joy, waiting as the light reflected off
their feet into my camera. I spent
those few seconds in awe of the fullness of a life’s journey in each person —
beautiful, tired and radiant — in front of me. If only we could daily approach
everyone we meet like that.”

The photos were displayed in Ottawa this month and many of them can be
seen on her whimsically named blog, "Beauty is really good." Look for
the "Small is Beautiful" slideshow on her homepage.

http://www.beautyisreallygood.blogspot.com/

www.robertward.ca