[Gocamino] Renfe

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 20:51:24 PDT 2008

Glen,

There are two main stations in Madrid, you want the Puerta de Atocha for depatures to Pamplona.

I have made reservas with RENFE and subsequently changed them, no harm no foul. I trust their attitude has remained the same.

RENFE Madrid to Pamplona
http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp?page=hjhir130.jsp&O=MADRI&D=80100

Our Travel Train 2 page has this and other handy Pilgrim connections.
http://groups.msn.com/ElCaminoSantiago/caminotraveltrainrenfe.msnw

If you are getting to Atocha via the Metro, please disembark at Atocha RENFE, not Atocha, one stop earlier. That would drop you at the Ministry of Agriculture, and you'd have to hoof it a bit.

El Camino Santiago: Map for the city of Madrid 1
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Map_City_Madrid_1.pdf

El Camino Santiago: Map for the city of Madrid 2
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Map_City_Madrid_2.pdf

El Camino Santiago: Map for the city of Madrid Metro 2008 http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Map_City_Madrid_Metro_2008.pdf

On Map_City_Madrid_1, scroll to the bottom of the page. Puerta de Atocha is on the bottom right of the red outlined box.

It's somewhat comical .. you Google " RENFE Madrid Pamplona " and we come up number 3 of 52,000 hits. There are some searches where we actually out-RENFE .. RENFE for point-to-point train connections.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com