[Gocamino] - Ultreya A Fellow Pilgrim

Arn arn432003 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 07:34:52 PDT 2008

God Bless Lupe...The Way is now behind you...you have arrived!

"Sue.Kenney" <sue.kenney at sympatico.ca> wrote:                             I'm saddened to send the news that Lupe Rodrigues, a fellow pilgrim has passed away. Some of you may have met her at the Pilgrim's Gathering in Toronto in 2005 where she was the gala evening emcee. Lupe has told many stories especially on CBC Radio in Canada, written about her experiences and as an accomplished artist she painted beautiful pieces of the Camino. She loved The Way. She will be truly missed.

 Below is a note sent by her husband and children.

 Love and light,

 Sue

 On Saturday, October 4th, in the early afternoon we lost Lupe after her ten month battle with Leukemia. We are all devastated as you can imagine. She was a force of nature - full of energy, compassion and creativity. We simply referred to her as our heart.

 As painful as it was to watch her deteriorate, we feel fortunate that in the last ten months of her life we were able to say all the things we would have wanted to say. When she died, we all felt closer as a family more than ever before. Her force became our force.

 This Thursday we will be having a funeral for Lupe at St. Basil's Church at 10 am, on the corner of Bay St. and St. Joseph St. This will be followed by a reception in the parish hall of the Church. We have also spoken to the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art about hosting an event in a few months celebrating Lupe's life. My mother's involvement with MOCCA was so important to her. In a way it had become her second home.

 Lupe's obituary will appear in the Globe and Mail on Monday and Tuesday, and in the Toronto Star on Monday.

 Live, Love, and Enjoy Life - this will be the legacy of Lupe. Thank you all for your support through these difficult times.

 Sebastian, Liam, and Danny

             __._,_.___                                                 Messages in this topic           (1)                                          Reply           (via web post)           |                     Start a new topic
                                 Messages               |    Files               |    Photos                        |    Database               |    Polls                        |    Calendar

                 Visit Your Group         |                Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |                Unsubscribe

                                Visit Your Group
                                                                                Real Food Group
  Share recipes
  and favorite meals