[Gocamino] NEW SPIRITUAL COMPANION FOR PILGRIMS

John Rafferty johnrafferty at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 13:05:40 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone Check out this new book from the Confraternity of St James in the UK - available on line from their bookshop www.csj.org.uk/bookshop   It is really good - beautifully presented and based on the reflections of 25 pilgrims. Included with the pilgrims' stories are prayers, scripture and poems to inspire and comfort those en route or to evoke the experience for those at home. Here is what a pilgrim wrote about it the other day: 'Shortly before leaving London, I was given a copy of Roads to Santiago, the new Spiritual Companion published by CSJ. I started to read it on the cross-Channel ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe and I have been reading it as I continue on my pilgrimage. It is ideal as a lightweight portable booklet for walking (only 36 pages) and it contains short passages which can be used for reflection on the road.Each passage is written by a different member of the Confraternity of St James and that makes a wide variety of material, from simple reflections of events and encounters on the road, to some more consciously literary and poetic contributions. This booklet is 'user friendly' in every sense. It is light to carry but by no means lightweight in spiritual nourishment. I recommend it unreservedly, and I shall do my part to promote it as I go along my way in these two thousand kilometres to Santiago.' John