[Gocamino] Seminario Menor in Santiago

Pat Rush patrush1 at verizon.net
Thu May 8 08:54:49 PDT 2008

Dear all--I just returned from Spain, having walked sections of the VdlP and the Camino Frances.  As you may have heard, the crowds on the Camino Frances were staggering (this was the holiday weekend, May 1).  I think a reseervation system might make sense.  The anxiety of worrying about a bed for the night really takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the pilgrimage, and the need to stay in a hostal, pension or casa rural ups the cost of the trip.  On the Via Podiensis, reservations are accepted; allowing them at refugios in Spain might take a lot of the craziness out of the pilgrimage.

  The Via de la Plata refugios were crowded as well, but not saturated.  May I recommend Extremadura in April?  It was spangled with wild flowers, and the air was filled with birds, especially the storks.

  Patricia, Upstate NY
Grant Spangler <gaspangler at hotmail.com> wrote:

Well, I guess it had to happen eventually. The Seminario Menor in Santiago is now taking reservations over the Internet. Just fill out the online form, Name, address, DNI, and don’t forget your email and phone number. No real pilgrim walks without a mobile these days. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Precios por persona y día ( iva incluido ) : 9,50 €.

http://www.albergueseminariomenor.com/reservas.php

Stay tuned, gentle reader, the riders of the apocalypse must be right around the corner.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com