[Gocamino] Pilgrimage to Notre Dame du Laus

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Sun May 4 22:45:21 PDT 2008

The Roman Catholic Church has officially recognised a shrine in the French
Alps where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared to a young shepherdess -
the first such recognition in France for almost 150 years.

Notre Dame du Laus, which already draws some 120,000 pilgrims each year, was
formally acknowledged by the Vatican after three years of research into its
credentials by a team of theologians, historians and psychologists. The
sanctuary at Laus is called the "Refuge of Sinners" and it is, perhaps, due
to its emphasis on the evil of sin that the message of Our Lady to Benoite
was all but "swept under the carpet" of Modernism in this our new age of
"enlightened," "grown-up" Catholicism.

There have been suggestions it could grow to rival Lourdes, the last place
in France to receive the Church's official apparition stamp – in 1862 – and
which today struggles to cope with five million pilgrims each year.

Read more here:

http://www.remnantnewspaper.com/archives/archive-laus.htm

Sil
http://ama-walker-walker.theboys.co.za/index.php