[Gocamino] Voyage of discovery: 48 hours in and around León .. and others

Charles O'Brien chasobrien at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:54:06 PDT 2008

Loved the Leon video; brought back many pleasant memories. Surprised he
misinterpreted the origin of the city's name, though: I think it's a
corruption of the Latin word for legion, i.e., *legio*. (Come to think of
it, those Romans didn't have a lot more imagination than we did when it came
to place names: Cologne derives from *colonia*; Mallorca and Minorca come
down to us from the Latin words for big and little.)