[Gocamino] Madrid Hotel?

Walt Lersch welersch at acctgsys.com
Thu Jun 5 19:56:37 PDT 2008

Eileen,

Sadly, I had to cut my Camino short in Logrono in the middle of May this
year.  I took the bus from Logrono to Bilbao, where I few on to Paris and
the USA.  There was no train service to Bilbao.  I strongly suspect there is
no/limited train service to Madrid.  You will want to understand if you are
taking a "local" bus to Madrid or an express/non stop.  The difference in
transit times will be significant.  The bus I took was speedy and
comfortable.

While in Logrono I stayed at the Hotel Daniel. VERY modest, but only cost 20
euro.  I was comfortable and I felt safe.  The Bar Garcias across the street
was a good find and there were other interesting looking places to eat in
the same street.  The hotel is a short +/- 20 minute walk from the bus
station and you pass the very helpful Tourist Office on the way.

Walt Lersch