[Gocamino] Various

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 09:48:13 PDT 2008

Hello you all,
The Galician newspapers report that an average of 400 bona fide pilgrims are showing up every day in O Cebreiro. While the albergue there has been refurbished and enlarged there is no way that it can accommodate so many pilgrims.....( I wonder where they stay). It is also reported that about 70,000 pilgrims are expected to alight in Finisterra this summer.... which is why the authorities there have increased their search for those qualified persons who may be interested in "hospitalizing" and sponsoring? albergues in the environs.... apparently the authorities are ready to offer all sorts of assistance. (I am on my way to Santiago..... if you are interested in the possibility of starting up an albergue in Finisterra let me know and I'll find out as many details as I can.)
The Archdofradia is very confident that Pope Benedict, presently in Australia for Youth's World Day, ?will accept their invitation to go to Santiago in?2010, the next Xacobean Holy Year.?Certainly a visit by His Holiness should liven things up a bit..... but if nothing else it will surely spur the powers to be to finish all the restorations begun at the Cathedral, the Dean's House (where the Pilgrims' office is), the newly?acquired buildings etc. etc., consequently every one will benefit at the end.
Lastly, while the refurbishing of the Dean's House will include repose areas for pilgrims in the courtyard, storage facilities for bikes, backpacks, and so on, an information desk on the ground floor and?sufficient bathrooms, it will not, alas, include the originally planned coffee bar.

Hugs!

Rosina??