[Gocamino] Women dominate the Camino?

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 08:19:29 PST 2008

Hello you all,

Today's El Correo Gallego spectacularly, and wrongly, reports that women Santiago pilgrims outnumbered the men in 2007. They cite that female?pilgrims totaled 66,780 and males 47,246.? The figures, in fact, were precisely the other way around.? In another section, the paper reports that there were 130,000 pilgrims in 2007.? I wonder whether the horses' fountain in Platerias is dispensing albarinho instead of water.
The pilgrim figures for 2007 are now fully posted in the Archdiocese's web page, and in far greater detail than ever before.? Just go to ww.archicompostela.org, when the portal comes on press on the small colored shell in the upper center of the page, on the next page choose a language (Pilgrims of Saint James for English), on the next page choose "statistics" at the bottom of the page. In the next page ignore "2008 monthly figures".... which is in error, but go to 2006-2007; the next page will list whatever you may possibly want to know..... and then some.

I've a million other things to tell, but I'm snowed under with work and quite unhappy to be back home ?(bah, humbug!)? Fortunately, Holy Week in Seville is just around the corner.

Hugs!

Rosina