[Gocamino] Padre José María de San Juan de Ortega

Charles O'Brien chasobrien at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:32:38 PST 2008

I stayed in San Juan de Ortega in June of 1998 and again in June of 2002. I
was cold and wet and utterly wretched; I didn't dare attempt a shower and
the beds might have been something less than hygienic. Yet what stands out
foremost in my memory is that sweet old man saying a blessing over us,
asking us what country we were from, and ladling out that wonderfully
fortifying hot soup.