[Gocamino] Credential requirements. From the horse's mouth. Message 2

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 08:40:59 PST 2008

Hi,
Such pilgrim could get the credential there. It's no big deal.
I got my first credential in Roncesvalles (and enjoyed doing so since it gave me my first contact with the substgance of the Camino. A bunch of us pilgrms sat at a long? table, in the huge ancient building and were met with a poliglot crew of pilgrim volunteers... It was emotional and lovely!.
All my other credentials I've gotten in various points in Spain. Including the memorable (and beautiful) one at the Miami bar in Sevilla; getting there let to a cherished friendship with the owner of the bar, and president of the local Association of Friends sealed with several glasses of "manzanilla".
Getting a credential it is, really, the simplest thing to do.
By the way, all the five credentials that I've gotten, here and there, except for the Via de la Plata one, were the official ones issued by the Cathedral.
You are right about the local USA parishes not having credentials. My own New York City Parish, "Our Lady of Pompeii", does not have them, but every time I go to the Camino my parish priest gives me a letter of introduction and a very emotional?and touching blessing. (He also asks me to hug the Apostle in his name).
Hugs!
Rosina

Thanks, Rosina,?
?
But still, from a pragmatic point of view for the American Perigrino, anticipating his trans-Atlantic flight to Europe (Spain, France, or whereever), I seriously doubt that if he were to approach his own parish priest, or even the bishop of his diocese, to request an *officially approved credential*, he would be met with anything but a blank stare.?
I don't mean to be argumentative, but this is a very real situation that has to be resolved - Better to be resolved once, universally, and for All rather than for each individual pilgrim to begin his journey with the frustrations of a search for this credential.?
?
Questions - Part B: What might be the position of the American Friends Group in this whole process.?
?
Abrazos,?
?
Paul?