[Gocamino] New credential requirements, (message 1)

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 07:52:59 PST 2008

I guess would-be pilgrims will go for a credential where they have always gone: a Friends' Association, etc. but, as Don Genaro says in the letter, the Association that wishes to issue credentials will need to approach "its parish" and consult with them to make sure that the proposed credential will explain the Christian or spiritual purpose of the pilgrimage. Such interested association can also, through it parish, get a bunch of official blanks from the Cathedral.? At least, that's the way I read the letter.
They have been discussing this for years and years and years. I have seen the "new" credential in Germany and Austria and it is the accordion-like one issued by the Santiago Cathedral, but in German.
Something not included in Don Genaro's letter is the fact that the credential cannot be "sold"..... in other words, no compulsory donation therefor.
Hugs,
Rosina