[Gocamino] 2008 pilgrims

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 10:30:17 PST 2008

Hello you all,
Unfortunately, except for the monthly totals,?the pilgrims' office has not yet compiled detailed statistics of the 2008 pilgrims. the Archconfraternity will hold its annual meeting at the end of this month and if I attend it I will try to get the details.
Don Genaro, who heads the Pilgrims' office, and many other Archchidiocese and Pilgrims' office people, including Mari, the manager of the pilgrims' Office,?went to Mexico last month to inaugurate two new Confraternities,?one in Guadalajara and one in Puebla. Initially they had planned to visit California but, apparently, they ran out of time.? The practice of having people from the Archdiocese or Pilgrims' office attending the inauguration of new confraternities seems to be something new.? Next January there will be a special Saint James' celebration at Innsbruck in honor of that fabled city's patron saint which some people from the Archdiocese will attend..? The Cathedral there, Saint James, holds the remains of various Templar and Hospitalarios of yore. Atop the church's facade there is a statue of Saint James on horseback, (minus the moors), and the inside of the church has striking ancient frescos of Saint James, also on horseback and brandishing the banner of liberated Spain, which are very beautiful.? As soon as I can figure out how to do it I will send some pictures thereof to Grant so that he may post them, as only he can, for those of you who may want to see them.?
At any rate, either from Santiago or from Austria I'll send you as much detailed data as I can obtain.
Meanwhile, hugs!
Rosina
ps. My earlier message was, of course, in response to so many of you who have written to me wondering about my whereabouts and well-being.? I am very touched and grateful for your concern.