[Gocamino] PILGRIMS & PILGRIMAGE CD-ROM

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 04:12:15 PDT 2008

A couple of years ago I bought an interactive CD-Rom PILGRIMS &PILGRIMAGE -
which "brilliantly shows, through word and image, the importance of
pilgrimage in the Middle Ages and beyond."

I received an email today that might be of interest to pilgrims from the USA
or Canada:

Those who are using our existing CDs - 'Images of Salvation: the Story of
the Bible through Medieval Art' and  'Pilgrims and Pilgrimage: Journey,
Spirituality and Daily Life through the Centuries'  - may wish to know that
we are now hard at work on the 'Story of the Church in England' CD-ROM/DVD
which will focus on the parish church. Any suggestions of topics which you
would like to see included or offers of images would be welcome! This is a
very substantial project but it is hoped that the CD (and linked website)
will be available in 2010.
Our Pilgrimage website is up and running at
http://www.york.ac.uk/projects/pilgrimage/
I am working with York Minster to develop two special opportunities to
study/experience the Minster in its context:  a week-long summer school open
to all and a 4-5 week Study Abroad Programme for students from the USA. It
is hoped that both of these will take place in 2009. I'd welcome any
feedback/ideas.
As a new academic year approaches, those who wish to use the 'Images of
Salvation' or 'Pilgrimage' CD-ROMs in classes may like to know that there is
now a special student price of £10/ 20$ for orders of 10 copies and over. If
you are in the USA or Canada, you can order from the Chaucer Studio  (
paul_thomas at byu.edu) . For the UK and the rest of the world please contact
our UK office candc at york.ac.uk
Best wishes
Dr Dee Dyas
Director, Christianity and Culture
Centre for Medieval Studies, University of York
& St John's College, Nottingham
dd11 at york.ac.uk

--
Sil