[Gocamino] various

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 13:39:16 PDT 2007

The message below which I tried to post did not go through because it exceeded the allotted capacity owing to?the attached picture.? The message is now resent without the picture.? I can send the picture directly to those of you who would?like to see the photo of the poignantly beautiful painting of St. Francis as a pilgrim descending the Pyrenees. Just let me know.
Hello you all,
The people at the Pilgrims' Office in Santiago have just informed that the number of pilgrims receiving the Compostela as of last Wednesday has surpassed 100,000!
Also, the young woman who is in administrative charge of the Pilgrims' Office, and the young woman who is the general secretary of the Archconfraternity will be visiting New York City next December at the invitation of the Galician Friends of Santiago in New Jersey, and mine.? Personally, I am quite delighted.
The Galicians in New Jersey have begun the process of commencing a Santiago Confraternity.? While there are hundreds of Confraternities all over the world, the U.S.A. is the only country in America without one. (Some, like Brasil and Argentina and Mexico have several). There was an attempt to form one in San Franciso a couple of years ago, but the effort was abandoned.? The New York Brasilians have formed one, but as ancillary to one based in their own country.? The one planned by the New Jersey Galicians will be, if achieved, the first Santiago Confraternity wholly established in the country.
At any rate, I know that most of you have zillions of questions about details of the Camino activities as viewed by the powers that be in Santiago.? You may want to put them together and when the young women are here we can ask them about everything to our hearts content.
In another piece of good news:? the artist that painted that mesmerizing oil of Saint Francis descending the Pyrenees has finally consented to have the painting photographed by a professional.? I absolutely become heart-gripped when I see the painting in the Leon Cathedral Museum.... so much so that once I sought and sought, and got,?permission to take a picture of it, with my toy camera; the result was not, of course, very good.... But it is attached to this posting so that you may form an idea.

Hugs!

Rosina

??