[Gocamino] Northern Way

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 12:32:04 PDT 2007

Rosina
When were you last at Sobraado? I was there about this
time last year...it is one day´s walk south from
Miraz, the little "new" refuge run by the London
Confraternity of St. James.  We delivered an injured
pilgrim there, and walked through the place with one
of those lovely young monks. Evidently we missed a lot
of what you noticed and remember so vividly.

I was most impressed with the setting -- the huge,
mouldering monastery towering over the little valley
town, surrounded by fields and orchards. The church
itself was so completely damp that moss and weeds were
growing everywhere, inside and out. It was like
something out of a fairy tale, a cathedral abandoned
to the gentle decaying hand of nature.

I really wish I´d seen the murals, and I hope they
haven´t been overtaken by the moss!  I´ll have to go
back there soon, before they repair the place too
much!

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott
www.moratinoslife.blogspot.com