[Gocamino] [saintjames] Re:Two Sellos per Etapa for a Compostela

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sat Sep 8 15:38:53 PDT 2007

Thanks Marcus.
Your view is the one held by anyone I know and by all those past, present and future pilgrims that met in Vienna and who are already preparing for 2010.
.
Right here in New York City the Brasilians in my parish have begun their plans to make a group pilgrimage to Santiago in 2010, as have the members of the Galician Association of Friends of Santiago over in New Jersey.
I would counsel those who contemplate going to begin to make arrangements. Ester, the owner of the beautiful little hotel "As Artes", right by the Cathedral, has told me that she is almost fully booked up for the year.
While the Holy Year is two years away it will be a very special occasion of unprecedented attraction.
Making reservations so far ahead of time is not all that unusual in some places under given circumstances.  At present, as widely reported in the newspapers, the wait for tickets to the Wagner Festival in Bayreuth is ten years, and those who have applied for tickets and hope to get them reserve hotel rooms years ahead of time.  The woman who runs the hotel where I stayed told me that she has reservations for five years hence; when those who made them find out that they did not get tickets for the time in question they simply cancel them and do not have to pay a cancellation fee.
Hugs!

Rosina