[Gocamino] [saintjames] Digest Number 1041

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sun Oct 7 07:31:33 PDT 2007

Rebekah dear,
Do you mean the US  Confraternity?
If so, I think you are right and its time has come.  We have just been too lazy. Or, I think.... too busy. I read somewhere that USA people work longer hours than Europeans. (My own work-week is never less than sixty hours, and, quite often, more)..... yet, even in our frantic pace we always manage to find time to get things done.

I've learned that the eightish owner of the MIAMI bar in Seville has been quite ill and the Friends Association activities in that delightful place have been suspended; consequently, those seeking pilgrims credentials will have to get them at the Cathedral..... which is no easy task since the office that dispenses them is not easy to find and it is not always open. Also, the (very, very nice) pre-laminated Via de la Plata credential may no longer be produced because of the new requirement that the official one be used.  The Andalucian Friends  Associations are seeking ways to continue to use their credential.....but it probably won't happen.

Perhaps credentials can be obtained in Seville at the "Bishop's Palace" which is much easier to find and is almost always open since it consists mostly of offices.  In Pamplona the credential may be obtained either at the Cathedral or at the Bishop's residence, a block away.

Hugs!

Rosina