[Gocamino] Message from Spain

Ferran Blasco ferran at zahoriart.com
Mon Nov 19 13:42:43 PST 2007

Dear friends of American Pilgrims,

My name is Ferran Blasco Aguasca. I am writing from Barcelona, Spain.

The reason for my email is to inform you about a 2 week exploration journey
form Barcelona to Finisterre, following El Camino de Santiago, that I am
organizing for a group of 12 participants. The class will take place next
may 2008. Even though there will be some parts of walking, the focus of this
journey is not a walking pilgrimage but a in-depth study of:

-          the practices and energetic technology of the Master Builders
that developed the sites along El Camino (megalithic, romanesque, “mozarabe”
& gothic).

-          the use and development of medieval mandala-blueprints to
conceive and create temples as alchemichal machines for personal and
collective evolution.

-          the ancestral practices of spiritual cultivation related to the
Stars and constellations that correlate with El Camino in the Sky.

-          the traditional aspects of what a pilgrimage is and the
importance of being a pilgrim within any spiritual tradition.

Our journey will approach El Camino in the same way I was introduce to it
years ago: from the point of view of the Master Builder, the practitioner of
the energetic arts and the pilgrim. We will move in two minivans, which will
offer us the opportunity to visit some truly exceptional sites that are off
the regular Camino and that most walking pilgrims can’t visit because of
obvious time and distance concerns. Some of these sites incluye the
monasterios of Silos, San Millán de la Cogolla and Leyre, San Miguel de la
Escalada, San Pedro de Siresa in Hecho’s Valley (Huesca) and the visigothic
temple of Quintanilla de las viñas.

The journey will be a practical hands-on class with lectures and practices
in English. Much effort will be dedicated to follow the practices and codes
of ancient pilgrims, even within the modern setting of a “van” and hotel
combination (because the way I understand it a pilgrimage is something that
occurs inside as much or more than outside). The intention of the class is
also give those who later want to walk El Camino a very good foundation on
how to approach sites and a good background of practices during the
pilgrimage.

I attach a PDF file with the general information. I hope you find my project
interesting. Feel free to share the information with those you think might
be interested.

I will be very happy to answer any questions you might have.

Just a final note, I lived for 8 years in California and 2 in North Carolina
before moving back to Barcelona. Last year I organized a similar trip with a
dozen of participants from different parts of the USA.  This year some of
them are repeating. If you need any references I will be happy to provide
you with emails and phone numbers.

Sincerely,

Ferran Blasco Aguasca

Diplomado en Medicina Oriental (EE.UU.)