[Gocamino] Duffels and walking sticks

Richard Ferguson richard at fergusonsculpture.com
Mon Nov 19 15:05:09 PST 2007

I have had good luck over the years with transporting all kinds of
things on airplanes in Duffel bags in checked bags.  Anything like
poles, you want to pack things around it so they are less likely to
get bent or damaged.  Same goes for packs, with or without a frame.
Packs tend to have all kind of straps and flaps and things to hang up
in the conveyors, so best to have them inside a duffel.  (Or perhaps
a heavy plastic bag).

When I arrived at my starting point, I mailed the empty duffel to
myself at Santiago, and it was waiting when I arrived, ready for the
trip home.

Richard

--
http://www.fergusonsculpture.com