[Gocamino] On the road again

claire bangasser claire.bangasser at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 19 14:35:21 PST 2007

I would like to thank all those of you who have helped me with
suggestions, advice and recommendations regarding a Camino from
Somport in November.

My husband and I are flying easyjet to Barcelona tomorrow morning and
hope to catch two buses (to Huesca and then to Jaca) tomorrow
afternoon. Si Dios quiere, we'll be taking a bus Tuesday morning to
Somport and start walking from there. On Thursday, Thanksgiving, we
may be visiting San Juan de la Peña. After that, it will be a
question of walking until December 6th. On the 7th, we have a flight
back to Geneva.

I went to www.inm.es, the weather forecast site, and saw it should be
raining -- and possibly snowing -- at least the first week. After
that we'll see.

I remember some time ago a long and convoluted thread here on whether
or not to take walking poles on airplanes. And I simply cannot recall
what was the basic advice. I will know tomorrow as I will go the
airport with mine.

I have caught myself already praying St James for taking care of us,
so all should be well.

Most of all, thanks to you who took the time to send me addresses,
telephones, or told me how to find the key to the refugio.

My American Pilgrim credential is in my belly pack, with the credit
card and the passport :-)

A bientôt, nos vemos,

claire