[Gocamino] tent

Renato Alvarado Vidal machi at telsur.cl
Sat May 26 05:44:29 PDT 2007

On 5/26/07, Judy Schulte <judyschulte at usfamily.net> wrote:

> Friends,
>   I'm walking in a month.  What do you know about possibly tenting
> along
> the way? (a light, small backpacker's tent). Thank you for your
> insights.
>
> Judy in MN.

	Dear Judy, any excess weight will be regreted, so you need to have a
good reason for carrying every single item on your back.
	What could be the use of a tent?

- A last resort "parachute" if you find all albergues full.
   Low probability of such event, and anyway, paying for a room
somewhere else can be less cumbersome.

- Possibility of walking by night, under the moon and the stars,
following the Milky Way (also called El Camino de Santiago) oblivious
of albergue's curfew.
    Highly atractive idea, indeed; I tried it some nights (without
tent) crossing Castilla in springtime. I got lost because I couldn't
see the yellow arrows, and usually ended missing the toiletts by
morning.

- Certainly you can have your own reasons :-)

	Buen Camino!

	Machi